Thursday, April 8, 2010

"Blessed"


So much has happened since Little Miss turned the big ONE! Oh my! (Oh Mylanta, as my landlord says.)

The big day came and went and while I did unload our story on to the world, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The biggest thing is Addison is here with us and doing amazingly well.

We spent this past week in Texas with my family and it was much harder than I thought it would be. My parents love that small little girl more than she will ever know and she cried when they picked her up, which in turn made my mom cry...All in all everything was fine. Addison got over the newness of TX quickly and started terrorizing the house.

Nothing was safe! The Easter decorations, the curio cabinet, Addison's Easter dress was all fair game and they all felt the inquisitive hands and mouth of the little princess. We even had a chance to go get her official birthday and Easter pictures taken at Portrait Innovations. And while the photographer was a nightmare we managed to get a few good shots.

She even showed signs of movement with all of her tummy time and inability to reach anything from her typical arm stretched position. The airport was interesting to say the least and when we got home Addison showed us all what a little actress she was. After being put on the floor with daddy across the room there was a clear "step, step, step" as she worked those little arms and legs and crawled her way over to daddy! Seriously? You couldn't have done that for grandma and grandpa so they wouldn't feel like they were missing everything? Silly girl. I fear she will be as hard headed as her mother.

When I look back and think about the past year in the back of my head I can hear one of my mom's favorite songs replaying over and over...so in the words of Martina McBride, "I have been blessed / And I feel like I've found my way / I thank God for all I've been given / At the end of every day / I have been blessed / With so much more than I deserve / To be here with the ones that love me / To love them so much it hurts / I have been blessed"



No comments:

Post a Comment