Tuesday, March 9, 2010

"Growing Up"

So it's official - Eric and I made our first big purchase together. It is sort of hard to believe that it took us 1.5 years to do it, but oh well. We finally caved and bought our very own, brand new living room set.

Now some of you know that we did buy a washer and dryer together and a dining room set but for some reason those did not seem as substantial. Maybe it was because the sales man compared our payments to a mortage and everything else we'd bought with cash, maybe it is because at 25 we still did not really own anything like that. Our current  furniture is hand-me-downs and while that's great, it was more poor college student stuff and not adult stuff.

Whatever the reason, in the back of my head all I could hear was "Growing Up" from the end of Care Bears 2. "Growing up its something you can measure/Growing up, it happens every day/being young is something you can treasure/but life is good when you're growing up " which of course makes me sad. Not so much for Eric and I getting older, but our little peanut.

Addison will be a year old at the end of the month and it went so fast. Really makes me wonder how my parents feel when they look at me...do they still see little me? Or do they see me now? I don't know if I will ever look at Addison and see the now her - I still see that little red baby bird in the incubator. :'o) Oh well - I'm not going to be upset that she is getting big. I just hope she stays the same happy strong willed soul no matter what size she is. That's it for now...time to start packing and continue my job hunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment