So Valentine's Day has come and gone and Eric, Addison, and I enjoyed the holiday weekend together with snow! That's right we got a whole 6-8 inches of snow in the Low Country and it was totally gone and melted less than 24 hours later. What a perfect taste of winter! And still we are going to Ohio tomorrow...which means we will get a full 10 days of snow and cold winter weather. Eric is looking forward to throwing snow balls at me and I'm looking forward to sharing baby Addison with the Klay family! We are driving though, so that brings about an interesting twist because Eric has never driven in the snow...hmmm.
This posts title comes from Ingrid Michaelson's "Giving Up" and is the title because today is Ash Wednesday which signals the beginning of Lent and among other things calls us to give up something. It is supposed to be a sacrafice. As a little kid we gave up candy, but as we get older we try to give up our vices. For some it is smoking, Dr. Pepper, or fast food...me I'm giving up Facebook. I have come to relize just how much time I waste on Facebook and how many things are left undone in my house. So I have put together a list of things I will try to complete with all of my free non-Facebook time.
1. Finish Addison's 1 year scrapbook for her birthday (sadly I'm in month 5...)
2. Finish 4 just for me, non-mommy or field related books (that is one book every 10 days...)
3. Organize and purge our apartment so that when we move in May everything will be more simple.
4. Find a job... (okay that is sort of lofty but we'll see)
5. Start and complete my 5k program so I can run the March for Babies event in April for preemie awareness!
So here we go..."'Cause I am giving up, I'm giving up, for you"
All of the latest scoop!
1 year ago